Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Carte Blanche


To walk.
To walk and just be.
Beautiful - it is.

To the top I climbed,
At the top I stopped - I sat - and I stared.

Sun setting upon gracious Norwegian mountains, I watched and the radiant lights felt warm; comforting to my skin, and the air was just cool enough to keep the colourful green of the scarves wrapped tightly around my neck.

It is different traveling alone.
Independent and good.
Lonely and bad.

The Sun set. I went inside to discover.

Carte Blanche.

Struggling to understand the story, the contemporary dancing was incredible ~ the discipline of the dancers was breathtaking, but the base to the music was a repetition of heartbeats that quickly eased my own.
Then it changed. I understood the scene ~ the before and the now was beginning to make sense.

He was torn, confused, angry, frustrated....
His movements were rigid and fast, yet steady and smooth. I could feel the battle he was portraying; a battle of good and evil; love and hate; pleasure and torture.
My heart understood.

Then she came. Beautifully poised, strong, and alert.
But there were others.
Others who pulled her away from his arms every moment they embraced;
who stood in her way with each new attempt to feel her love; her connection.

Continuing on and on, my heart felt her wounds seeping deeper and deeper.
The burn down my cheek was real.
The fire I felt from the cool tears which fell from here to there was real.


I felt this story.
I lived this story.
Over and over again.
I was moved. And I was touched.

Their love was not strong enough. They didn't beat the others.
One other, instead, won her.
Her resistance was visible and you could see her pain through her eyes as she closed them and kissed him. I imagine she closed her eyes to see her true love; to distort the guilt of the physical sensation she was enjoying.

She is, after all, only human.


As is he.
As are us.

No comments:

Post a Comment